Saturday, July 14, 2012

Around the World in 7 Days

To say the least, I am tired. And I wish I got a stay cation for the next 7 days. At least. However, it is back to the real world tomorrow!

Over the past 7 days we stayed 2 nights with Leon's brother in Jackson, then to Ocean Springs with the Smith's for 2 days, then Biloxi for 3 days, and then stopped outside Mobile on the way home to see my Papaw Herman. Whew, it makes me tired just typing all of that. We had a good time though and I am glad that we got to spend time together as a family. I love my little family to pieces.

First we started our trip with a Hays get together at Pojo and Karen's new house. It was a fantastic day. Seriously, I am not sure I could have eaten anything else that day. It is pretty much ALL we did. Or all I did at least. Donuts, gumbo, cookies, cake, watermelon, ice cream, chicken, casseroles galore, "splat" tators...seriously, it was ridiculous. In a good way of course.Aside from the eating, the kiddo's had an absolute blast. They swam in the neighborhood pool (that is practically in their back yard...how awesome would that be?!), played video games, played outside, watched movies, and we ended the day with an awesome fireworks show. Some of the firework show was in 3D. I did not find that part awesome.

As you might have noticed I do have my camera back, but I must be out of practice because most of my pictures are not very good. In fact, I was too busy having fun with the family to take many so I guess that isn't a terrible thing. I even stole a few from Noelle's Facebook album.

Getting the cooler cleaned up and ready for the party

I made star cookies again. This recipe is definitely my favorite. And, I have tried a lot. It is the easiest to work with and it tastes really good. 

Pojo grilling up A LOT of chicken. 



Silly girls

It was Kaleb's (as well as several others) birthday so Noelle made this super cute and delicious cake. I know one little boy who ate more than his share and had the blue poop to prove it. TMI maybe?

Bishop loved the fireworks and the sparklers...and his Papoo!






3 boys in a Barbie jeep (with the windshield torn off already) = recipe for disaster.

Wait...I think THIS is actually more of a recipe for disaster.

Or this....

Everyone waiting patiently on the show to begin

The fireworks show was just as good as the one we saw at the country club on the 4th. In hindsight, it might have been a good idea to watch from a bit further away. Next time. 


And that wraps up day 1 of the trip. To be continued....






No comments:

Post a Comment