Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 4th

This July 4th might go down as the best yet.

I asked Bishop if he wanted to be in our town parade and he said yes. Most people decorate golf carts or 4-wheelers or power wheels but we don't have anything like that so we decorated our bikes. Since we decided to do it like the night before, I scrounged around and found some ribbon, balloons, patriotic pater and some free printables. Had my printer not run out of ink, it would have been super easy. But all the red was hot pink, so I had to color over everything with a marker. It took more time, but it was still free!

It was a nice coolish morning and it could not have been more perfect for the parade. I was a little worried about him being able to ride that far, but he did great! He never even complained! I could just see us getting half way through and me having to push him or something. I was a proud momma.
Getting ready for "the race"

Ready to go!




Ben and Daddy watched the parade


Love, love these 2 kids


After the parade, we went to my parents for a 4th of July/birthday party. Perfect weather, good food, family, trampoline, water balloons, water guns, slip and slide, homemade ice cream, and birthday cake. I mean, really, what more could you ask for?!













And, he wanted his face painted when we got home...


We ended the night with a fireworks show at the country club. And, the flash blinded him apparently :)


I'm pretty sure we could not have fit much more into the day!





No comments:

Post a Comment