Monday, January 2, 2012

A Homemade Christmas

This year I wanted to simplify things a bit by not doing quite as many gifts and not spending quite as many days rushing around the mall trying to land the "perfect gift" for everyone. Don't get me wrong...that still happened, but just not as much. I only went to the mall twice to shop...and that was at least one time too many for me! I mostly did online shopping but I also added a few homemade items to my gift list. I have to say...it was very rewarding and I hope to be able to do even more homemade gifts in the future.


Aprons I made for my two precious nieces. 
(and my first ruffles!)

Aren't they cute?!?!


Hot Chocolate mix with Darby's homemade marshmallows  (Darby was right...worth the mess!)
Wrapped with fabric ribbon and tags by MG Paperworks.


Now, I can't take full credit for the above photo or the next two. Leon had a hand (or two) in all of them. The frame is made from wood from my Grandmother's farm. It is from trees that had to be cut because they were damaged in the ice storm of 1994(ish?) and it has been kept under the barn since then. Leon made me one a few months ago and my mom loved it so we decided to make her one as a present and attempt a photo of all 4 of the boys. Since the pictures of the boys turned out so well...we decided to make my sisters one as well. They may or may not have thrown hints that they might like one :) And, if you know my family at all, you know Mandy is pretty much a sister so we made her one too. We forgot to take a picture of Mandy's or Wendy's. We tried to make them all a little different and I think everyone liked them. (I hope!)
I do plan on posting the pictures from our photoshoot at some point...I just had to wait until after Christmas. 


I stole this idea from my friend Cassie who writes one of the funniest blogs I know of. 


And I made this for my friend Maggie. I couldn't  find satsumas so I substituted tangerines.


And, I think that is it. I am going to have to start in October next year to come up with ideas for everyone again!

Oh, and almost as much as I like GIVING homemade gifts, I like GETTING homemade gifts!

Thanks Mags...love my scarf!


No comments:

Post a Comment