Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Halloween

I think I've mentioned before that my child might actually be more festive than I am...and that is saying A LOT. And, he absolutely LOVES Halloween. I love having an excuse to do fun, crafty things with him and so does he. And we both love an excuse for candy! 

Pinterest inspired spiderweb treats...these were cute but they break super easy. Bishop didn't care, he just liked to eat them. Notice he had to build a house also :) 


Our church is relatively small and doesn't usually do the whole "trunk or treat" thing that a lot of churches do nowadays. But, this year each sunday school class set up a little booth with activities and treats for the kids and they loved it. I really hope we do it again next year! 

Decorating cupcakes

Our class's booth was a Duck Dynasty theme 


I forgot how fun we have making (and eating) sugar cookies. To help with my cookie making OCD, I let him decorate 4 or 5 however he wants and I do the rest. He also gets to help cut them out, measures sugar/flour/etc, cracks the eggs, and mixes everything together. He's usually a great little helper, but he loves to eat flour. And the cookie dough. Drives me crazy. I can handle the flour (but, um, gross!) but I got my degree in microbiology and I am a food germ freak. He's probably not the only kid who eats cookie dough I guess!
Because of the weather and sickness, we didn't end up getting to go to my sisters for our annual trick or treat party. We were all really sad. Bishop had talked about trick or treating for literally weeks! And I had planned lots of fun treats via Pinterest. I just couldn't get Ben out in the rain. We had made the cookies for the party...so we send some to his daycare, even though he didn't even go and we ate the rest! They are so good..didn't bother us too much! 


His school had a little festival type day with booths set up for them...face painting, pumpkin painting, snacks, and balloon animals. He asked for a sword...cute little Peter Pan. 


Bishop has a hard time with decisions (no idea where that comes from!) and the Halloween costume was no different. I really wasn't planning on Ben dressing up a whole lot since he was not even 3 weeks old. I thought the football player/football idea was cute. He didn't like that idea. I think he went through Cat in the Hat/Fish, chicken/worm, fireman/dog, and spider/ghost. Most of those were his idea.  He changed his mind to Peter Pan so I got the stuff to make it and he was super excited. I was thinking Ben could be Mr. Smee because I had a striped shirt and red hat already. But then a few days before he was born I got bored and sewed him a little jacket with a hook and a hat with little $0.25 felt sheets I had already. I kinda planned it for a 6-7 lb baby...not a 9 lb baby so it was a bit snug. I'm pretty sure if Halloween had been the next week, I couldn't have even gotten it on him. 


He doesn't particularly look like the happiest Captain Hook ever, but he's still cute :)



Since we didn't really get to trick or treat like we usually do, we made the rounds at our family's homes. And, he wasn't short on treats AT ALL! I'm pretty sure he had just as much fun this way. He LOVES his grandparents! 

Notice by the end of the night Ben was down to just the onesie :)

Bishop woke up the next morning so sad that Halloween was over. Thankfully, we have a fun Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to. 




No comments:

Post a Comment