Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


Just about every single blog is about my sweet boy, so since mother's day is coming up  has already come and gone, I decided to blog about myself and what I love. Well, sort of. I'm sure in some way it will end up about the boy since he is pretty much my world anyway.  Besides, I'm probably a bit boring on my own.

Oh, and, eventually I will get caught up...maybe!

Anywho, I love blogs. I never realized there were so many people out there just like me who like to sew, cook, teach their children, and take pictures. It is comforting to know that I'm not the only weird person out there. Let me just say that there are some seriously talented folks in the blog-o-sphere. Some of my favorites are Darby, MADE, and Pioneer Woman. There are plenty more but those have a little bit of everything I love. Oh, and there are lots of tutorials out there...and I love a tutorial. My problem is there is not enough time in the day to do it all...blog, learn photography, sew, be a good mother, cook,  AND work full time!

I love to sew. I'm not that great YET, but I hope that one day I am. I have always been obsessed with cute children's clothing, and it really makes you appreciate it when you make it yourself. It is a whole lot cheaper too!

I love being a mother. I've said it a gazillion times (and I'll say it a gazillion more times more than likely) that I
truely believe that it is my place in life to be a mother. I'm not saying I am the BEST mother, nor do I have all the answers but it certainly is what makes me the happiest. I totally get Michelle Dugger.



I love MY mother. She has taught me so much and is now my best friend. I see a lot of her in me, which happens to most of us at some point in life I suppose, but it is surprisingly not nearly as bad as I once thought it would be. She's a pretty darn good Granna too...even if she does spoil my child rotten!



I love my husband. He drives a 2000 Honda Accord with barely any paint left. He drives it instead of a truck so that one day I might be able to work less. He buys me a huge bucket of my favorite candy after my Lenten candy fast. He goes and gets me water after we are already in bed...and USUALLY doesn't complain about it :) He cooks me a big steak dinner for Mother's Day, and then REcooks it because it wasn't as done as I like it.  He loves my blog almost as much as I do...or pretends to at least.  He loves our boy...and our boy loves him. He's pretty much the best daddy I know of and I am so thankful for that! He puts forth an effort every day, not just Mother's Day, to let me know that he thinks I am a good mother! I'm a lucky girl for sure!


And, obviously, I love my boy. More than my own life. More than words can ever describe. Love. Him. To Pieces.



Even on days like this.....



Happy Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Mother's Day! It is so wonderful to be a mommy! And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gets Michelle Duggar! She's such a loving,kind mother. If I can learn a little from her gentleness and love for each of her children, I'll be learning a lot!

    ReplyDelete