Thursday, June 2, 2011

Recipes

I'm not normally a recipe blogger, but I just have to say that the Pioneer Woman really has a lot of good stuff that I just have to share.

My favorite that I have had lately is taco pizza. Oh my goodness, it is delicious! Bishop is a very picky eater and he even liked it. Since we are meat-eaters around here, I did add some ground beef seasoned with a little taco seasoning. The best part was that I already had everything I needed on hand from the tacos I made last week. Oh, and I bought canned refrigerated pizza crust instead of making my own...some folks don't have that much time!! Maybe next time I will try it...I'm sure it is delicious.

I might add the tacos I made last week were good as well, but she warns they are messy and I didn't listen. Like, REALLY messy.  It stressed me out. My kitchen was a wreck. All was good until the frying part. Obviously, I need more practice because I ruined the first few. Once I removed myself from the mess in the kitchen, they were really good. Take that as a second warning if you try them.

Another favorite was beef with peppers. It was actually more of an PW INSPIRED recipe. I didn't have sherry (and I live in Booneville, a DRY county), I swapped out the rice noodles for rice, and used a different kind of steak (I live in Booneville.. people look at me funny when I  ask for rice noodles and flank steak) and it was still fabulous!

I'll definitely be making these again and trying more of her recipes. I love a good recipe suggestion, so if anyone has any, please suggest away.  I get tired of making the same things over and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment