Tuesday, November 29, 2011

19 months


He is now closer to 2 than 1.  I just don't understand how that happened? I am starting to realize that it is not going to slow down, and he is going to grow up whether I like it or not! But that doesn't mean I have to like it :)

He is at such a fun age. I know I say that ALL of the time (like, probably every month for the last 19 months? maybe?) but it is true. Every age has been my favorite, and it really does just get better and better!

I'm running short on time, so I can't go into the whole "what he likes, eats, says, etc" thing this month, but I do have a few things to mention.

He is so darn smart, I swear. (I know all mommas think their babies are smart and I, obviously, am no different...but hear me out) He knows almost all of his letter sounds and can name most of the capital letters! We haven't really been trying to get him to learn those either...he just picked it up at the babysitters and from one of his Leap Frog DVD's.  It really is amazing.

Colors...not so much. I love him, but he can't get it. I think he thinks "yellow" is just what you say after the question "what color is this?".  He does actually know the colors orange, black, purple, and sometimes blue. All other colors are "YELLOW!" I'll forgive him...he is not even two yet.

He says lots (and lots and lots) of words and several sentences but some words that he says incorrectly just makes me smile every time he says them. Like, for example, for "top" he says "pock".  He can tell you what the "t" says and what the "p" says but he can not say "top" for anything. Another funny one is diaper...he says "a biapers".  Drink is "wank" (with a really long drawn out "a") And maybe the funniest to me is how he says Bishop..."Shebop". He won't hardly say it anymore because I can't help but laugh every time he says it. It is precious.

He likes to help me cook (which I LOVE), color,  and put puzzles together. He would watch Disney channel all day if I would let him.  And, I made the mistake of introducing Disney.com to him the other day and now if I am on the computer (which I try not to do while he is awake) he says "Mick mouse, mick mouse" until I pick him up and we find Mickey Mouse. It has little games and free things that you can print out to color so I like it too.

Every day he does something new and it truly is amazing to me to watch!





No comments:

Post a Comment