Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Destin 2012

We normally do our annual vacation with the Warringtons in the fall, BUT since JJ will be welcoming her baby girl in September or October, we decided to go in the late spring/summer this time. It was still an ok time to go...the rates weren't crazy high (not nearly as good as after Labor Day though) and the crowds weren't terrible yet because schools were just getting out by the time we left. The bad part was the water was still a little cold. There had been a cool few days before we got there and I think that probably made the difference. Either way, we still had a great time. The boys played and had a great time as did the parents. We didn't really stress a whole lot so it was nice. I miss the beach already.

I didn't (and STILL don't) have my camera so I'm kind of bummed about it. I tried to be positive and say that since I didn't have my camera, I wouldn't have to focus on taking perfect pictures and therefore it would be less stressful. And, it actually was. To some degree at least. Now, however,  I wish I had the pictures!

Our days were pretty much eat, beach/pool, eat, nap/read, eat, sleep. That is it. Not much deviation. Which was totally fine by me. One of my favorite things about Destin is the food!  My favorites are The Back Porch, Louisiana Lagniappe, The Red Bar (which we didn't make it to this trip) and the Donut Hole. Oh, how the food is so yummy!

The first few days were a little rough...B had an ear infection and the "crud" and was a bit grumpy and difficult to please. More difficult than usual.  And, after getting his "crud", losing my voice for 4 days, and getting an ear infection myself, I understand his mood completely. He perked up after a few days though...thank goodness!

Headed to LA Lagniappe

The sweet soon-to-be family of 4






How else could we have a vacation?

Waiting at Harbor Docks

2 of my favorite 2 year old boys

Flashback 2 years ago.....
Wow, it is true. They do grow up fast. 

Finally feeling better

Building a sandcastle with daddy and Harvey

Having a snack with daddy


Swimming with momma..how clear and pretty is that water? Ahh!


Watching Dumbo

Floating with his buddy

Eating at the Back Porch (Did I mention we like to eat?)


This is the life!

Donuts! 

The Donut Hole Banana Nut pancakes...can't think of much better!

Dumping water out of the buckets into the sand was by far their favorite thing to do.
I heard "Daddy, you get more water" at least 10,000 times. Good daddies these two have!

Leon figured out a way to keep the water IN the bucket

Baytown Warf...um, not sure what B is doing here?

I love his new "cheese" face. My precious boys. 

Dinner at Baytown Warf. A fun place to go, but not such a great place to eat if you ask me. Or Leon. Or JJ. Or Allen. I've never been impressed with the overpriced food the few times we have been.  See that corn on the cob..$3.75. For A tiny corn on the cob. And it was yucky. My corn-loving child cried to have one and it was so yuck he wouldn't even eat it. And, that is saying a lot in itself. But, the boys loved eating outside and it was nice that they could make all of their animal sounds (every single animal sound) without us crawling under the table :)

Now, every time we put on swimming clothes B says "We go see Allen, JJ, Harbey..... okaaaay"





No comments:

Post a Comment