Thursday, June 7, 2012

Random Funnies

2 year olds are funny, difficult, but funny. Yesterday our conversation as we pulled in the driveway went something like this.

Bishop: Look, momma, daddy took his shoes off.
Me: (what?) Um, no I don't think daddy took his shoes off. He is working in the yard. 
Bishop: No, momma, daddy's not a dinosaur. 
Me: (huh?) Um, no he's not a dinosaur?
Bishop: No, he's not a dinosaur, he's not stomping. Stomp, stomp, stomp. 
Me: (?) Oh, ok (trying not to laugh)
Bishop: Hey baby(to me), what you doing?

Never a dull moment. 

I have always said Bishop has never been a daredevil but he is developing some serious fear lately. There can be a speck of dirt 3 feet away and he comes running "IT'S A SPIDER!!" If you want him to stay away from something, just tell him it has bugs, snakes, or poop and he will drop it immediately and never touch it again. Seriously, it is bad. (or is that good?) But maybe the worst, or should I say the funniest, fear that he has is fear of hair in the bathtub. A single hair puts him in the biggest tizzy. "Its gone get me MOM MA" or  "I see a  HAIR momma..get it OUT" Seriously, a hair. A stinking HAIR. 

What do you do?

I mentioned the big boy bed issue in my last post...we keep waking up with him in the floor in the middle of the night. It was to the point where I made him a pallet just so he would not freeze to death curled up on a tshirt. It has gotten better since but during that time, we were watching TV downstairs after (we assumed) Bishop was fast asleep (in his bed), and we heard a cough. It sure sounded awful close so Leon went upstairs to check out the situation and found this....

Yes, that is my child. With his Dougie in his mouth. At the top of the steps. Asleep on the floor. 

Again I ask, what do you do? :)







1 comment:

  1. When Ellie Kate was about 2 and in a big girl bed, we started finding evidence of her sleep walking without our knowledge (once we found a trail of barrettes throughout the house?!) That made me nervous, especially because I never heard her, so we use childproof door knobs on their door so that if they need to get out, they have to knock for us. We have an older version of this link below but EG can't even open it. Hope this helps!
    http://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-Door-Safety-Cover/dp/B000MF518O

    ReplyDelete