Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Zoo



I have lots of things to "catch up" on (memorial day, fathers day, camping, boating, etc, etc) but since it is fresh on my mind I wanted to tell you about our trip to the zoo yesterday. Wendy, Heather, and I took all of the boys to the zoo 1) because the zoo is fun 2) because at least 2 of the 4 boys are completely obsessed with dinosaurs (my child being one of the two) and they have a dinosaur exhibit until July. And, all 4 ended up loving the dinosaur part so I'm glad we all went. It actually was pretty cool...cool as in awesome... as well as cool as in shaded so the mommas liked it too :)

Bishop still loved the seals but this time he also liked the snakes/alligators/turtles, the aquarium,and the Pandas. And, of course, he loved the dinosaur exhibit.

In the words of Jonah "They made us in dinosaur times"

The "scared" pic....one of the kids isn't even pretending to be scared. Can you guess which one? :)

He was sort of traumatized for a moment. After standing in front of the green screen and everyone screaming "Look at the pink piece of paper and pretend to be scared!" over and over he actually did get scared! And, in case you were wondering why Cole has on an adult jacket, it is not because he was cold when it was 92 degrees out nor was he wearing a costume (questions I have been asked already)...it was a green screen and he was wearing a green shirt. 



Cheese 


Pandas are so cool

He was really into the reptiles..such a boy!

Heather said "Let's go see the komodo dragon" and when we got there he said "It's a comodEE, a comodEE, a comodEE....snake" Guess it didn't look like a dragon to him :)

"Uh oh, where seals go?"

And as we were walking by to go see the Panda bears, I spotted the old zoo entrance that I had seen in photos of myself as a kid and decided to snap one of him quickly. VERY quickly.  Number - I didn't have my camera (STILL!!) and Number 2- everyone else had already walked ahead and he was ready to go see the animals with them. Nevertheless, I am glad I did take one just to have.  

My Mom, 1959

Me, 1984

My B, 2012

There are so many things to see that it is nearly impossible to do EVERYTHING in one day. Last time we didn't make it to the aquarium or snakes. This time we left out the African animals and the playground. Both times were a lot of fun.  It really is a nice zoo and it makes for a fun day! 

It also makes for a TIRING day!


No comments:

Post a Comment