Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas "To-Do List"

I do well with lists. So in my head, I usually have a "list" of things I want to do before Christmas.  Now, I never get them all done...especially when Pinterest keeps adding to my list with all the cute ideas, but the list helps me out a lot. I can't think of much I missed except maybe FBC musical and the live nativity in Corinth. And, next year I would love to do the Ice Park in Jackson. Other than that,  we had a busy, fun month of December.  I did learn that next year (or this year now), I will be starting any homemade Christmas items in July if I plan on them actually getting done. Lessons learned.

First thing on the list was to see the mall Santa...I was so proud B didn't cry. And he looked MUCH happier than he did last year. (even though he still wasn't 100% sure about him)




Next year I may purchase that $20 photo that I did not have time to scan...but I will be bringing MY camera along also. 

The next thing on my list was to watch Christmas movies. We did A LOT of this. We watched The Grinch, Rudolph (x's 95), Frosty (not nearly like last year), 2 different Mickey Christmas movies, the Polar Express, and probably more but my brain just can't remember. We love movies...and popcorn...and hot chocolate. 

I was going to do the "Grinch punch" I saw on Pinterest but our Walmart didn't have any green soda so we had Grinch hot chocolate (white chips, milk, food color) which, obviously, was perfectly fine. 



We made ornaments one night....



My favorite were the fingerprint snowmen faces but I think they all turned out pretty cute. Besides, they were fun for 2 folks in my house. 

We went to the Booneville Christmas Parade. Bishop LOVED it. He loved the floats, the candy (duh, he IS a little mini-me), all of it. And for once, the weather was nice and we didn't freeze!


Yes, his shoes are on the wrong feet. But they are not according to him. He puts them on that way sometimes and it's just not a battle I choose to win. Whatever.

Holding his giant bag of candy

And, we made LOTS of Christmas cookies this year. We love making (and eating) cookies anytime so this was just extra special. 



This one was a group effort from all the kiddos..lots of fun!




And, Bishop was in the cherub choir in our church program. Yes, he knew every word to the songs and no he did not open his mouth the whole time he was up there. He looked a bit like he was going to cry the whole time, but I was still so proud of him for getting up there (and not actually crying). 




No comments:

Post a Comment