Thursday, February 13, 2014

4 Months

Time is rolling right along! I feel as though I don't post nearly as much about sweet Ben as I did with Bishop (as most people said would happen!). It certainly does not mean I don't love on him just as much..I just don't have as much time to share. I can't get enough of his silly faces and sweet, chubby cheeks. He truly is a sweet, sweet baby. He is SUCH a huge blessing to our family.


He makes the funniest faces

  • Rolling over is his new trick. He actually first rolled from his back to his tummy. Probably because he didn't get much tummy time because he literally would scream if you put him on his stomach. And, big brother would not have that at all! Now that he can hold his head up much  better, he is ok with laying on his tummy for a minute or two and he has figured out how to roll whenever he wants. 




  • Still loves to be swaddled. After he rolled over, I thought I should try to wean him from the swaddle. I remember Bishop gave it up in one or two nights. Not Ben. He goes to bed unswaddled but wakes up around 12 or 1 crying, so I swaddle him and he goes right on back to sleep until 7 or 8. I've read some babies need to be swaddled longer, and obviously he is one of them. 
  • Still has skin issues. Some days are better than others but his poor little cradle cap looks terrible. It looks worse now because he scratches it when he is sleeping if he isn't swaddled. I am ready for winter to be OVER because I feel like it makes it so much worse for him. These pictures were on a good day…the day before, not so much. 
  • Still nursing every 3-4 hours. Bishop started cereal at this age but I am not ready for all that and he is fine without so I am going to wait until I feel he needs more or until he is 6 months or so. I'm tempted to try the Baby Led Weaning approach that skips the pureed food all together but I probably won't find the time to even look into it. I would just be so scared of choking I think. 
  • His favorite toy: His toes. He won't leave socks on and he plays with them and chews them all of the time! As you can see in his pictures, he wasn't interested as interested in taking the picture as he was trying to get his toes!


Could you not eat him up when he makes this face?!

And, got 'em!





No comments:

Post a Comment