Thursday, February 19, 2015

Halloween

Yes, I'm posting Halloween pictures right after my Ash Wednesday post. Makes perfect sense, right??

Last year I had the idea  saw on Pinterest the cutest football player and football and thought it would be perfect for my boys. Bishop already had the football player costume and a football onsie would be easy enough. But, Bishop didn't like the idea (it wasn't HIS) and so he wanted to be Peter Pan. He gets pretty opinionated about things and has already told me what he wants to be this year for Halloween so I was shocked when he said he wanted to be a football player this past year. I figured Ben was too big to be a football so who else could I think of…Bully! And, since Leon gets told my random strangers that he looks like Dan Mullin anyway, I convinced him to dress up. And I was going to be a referee but my sweet 4 year old would have none of it. "Girls aren't supposed to be referees, you have to be the cheerleader" So there I was…a cheerleader. Oh, what we do for our children! We even turned our "trunk or treat" into a football theme to go with our costumes.  We had football themed games and goodies.  It was a lot of fun for sure! Will be hard to be that creative again I think. And then on Halloween, we went to my sisters new house for our usual Halloween "party". We trick or treated a few houses in the cold, played some games, and had some good food! And, naturally towards the end of the party, Ally Kate got sick and we all left. It's always something, right?



Ben was obsessed with corn hole!

Bishop and his buddy will checking out their loot

My bulldog family

Halloween crafts

And, bobbing for apples. Such a simple thing, but they LOVED it. 




And, a failed attempted group of cousins photoshoot. It was freezing and they just wanted candy. The big kids were cooperating because they respond to bribery pretty well by this point…but the two littles, nope! They have a long ways to go :)




No comments:

Post a Comment