Saturday, February 28, 2015

Fall Fun

So, in keeping with the theme of being way behind, why not bring out some fond memories of beautiful fall weather, where we could go outside and run off energy instead of bouncing on the couch on my freshly folded clothes, a time where we didn't wake up to a snow dusted ground or trees covered in ice and a beautiful time in which I wouldn't be sitting at my computer in a sweatshirt and flannel dreading even walking to my car or the mailbox with my little heater running constantly on my feet. Get the idea? Fall is awesome. You can wear boots and eat soup and still go outside and enjoy the outdoors.  Winter, well, it sucks really. I know some people are weird and they like the cold, but not me. I. am. over. it. I do like the occasional real snow (which is RARE) and I do enjoy being lazy cozy in January and of course I love Christmas, but now that that is over so BRING ON SPRING! Or, in my case….Let's remember fall! I even forgot to post an entire beach trip and I just remembered! So maybe that will be next. The beach IN the fall…maybe the best combo!

And, we can't forget football season! Touchdown Bulldogs!!

This cutie has my heart!

Headed to Hazel's birthday party! I had to make my sweet boy a special cookie of his own…just because I love him so. And, the boy loves a cookie. 

This boy thinks he is big on the trampoline with the big kids at Hazel's party
The abbreviated version of Hazel's sweet 2nd birthday party! It was adorable! I love this sweet 2 year old girl so much!


Momma surviving a week without daddy.


This boy is completely obsessed with anything military related. So, it only made sense for him to have an army party, complete with an obstacle training course. His momma and daddy did a fantastic job on the obstacle course. The kids loved it! I don't have many pictures but it was great!

Me and my army guys…notice we have on our maroon for the "after party football party".

Happy 8 years Jonah! We love you SO very much! You are truly a one of a kind kiddo with a huge heart who loves life completely! Never a dull moment with this one! 


Does it get better than this? After party with all this food while the kiddos watch tv/play/nap and leave the grownups to some MS State Football. See, I miss fall. 


They did come out to celebrate the win and ring cowbells. They were pumped. Well, Jonah and Bishop were at least. You don't actually need to watch the game to be able to celebrate, right?

Boots, Leggings, and a dress on the only my favorite tiny patch of green grass in the front yard with freshly fallen leaves. The leaves look so pretty like this to me. This of course is before the 20+ oak trees lose all of their leaves and it rains and gets them all yucky and they pile up everywhere. But, they looked pretty then ;) I can't say the same now. 

Bishop's fall fun day at preschool 

Benny boy came to the fall fun day too. Bishop is so proud of his brother. It makes my heart want to burst to see the love they have for each other. Sure, they don't always get along. But, I also know in my heart there is nothing they wouldn't do for each other.

I could not ask for a better teacher than Ms. Nina. She loves these kids and they love her. We sure will miss her next year! 


Ben loves a ball!

Smoothie thieves 

I miss this a lot. 

My little pumpkin all ready for church

It's even warm enough to play football in swim shorts in the fall…well, for some people anyway! He certainly has a mind of his own and there isn't much changing it. He saw a puddle of water in the bottom of the wagon and decided he must get in it and he must wear his shark swimming shorts. 

A lot of our fall nights were spent at soccer games. I'm sure I'll post more about that at some point. But it was a fun, sometimes stressful, learning experience for us all. 

Pumpkin carving with daddy. I'm so glad his daddy does this sort of thing. I so wouldn't have the patience.

My clown boy. And I did not put that on him. 



A little sunshine and a walk in the park always does us good! Even if someone purposefully walks through the water/MUD just because. Yes, I let him. He loves exploring and pretending and it's just worth it to me to see his little imagine run wild. Shoes can be washed! He may not remember his nature walks with his momma one day, but I will. 

So there's a little slice of fall during this frigid spell of complete misery called winter. If nothing else, it reminded me that winter won't last forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment