Monday, October 10, 2011

The beach


Bishop just got back from his 4th trip to the beach. He is pretty lucky little guy! (Can you tell by the above picture that he is quite the fan of water?)

We went to Orange Beach this year instead of Destin and while I am still a huge fan of Destin,  Orange Beach was PERFECT for us.  We picked the most perfect week to go. It was a gamble considering we planned it during hurricane season!  September is just a wonderful time of year to go (assuming you miss the hurricanes) It is still plenty warm but it is not crowded at all so you have it all to yourself! It helps that it is a whole lot cheaper :)

It was actually just an all around better trip this year. It was by no means a BAD trip last year, but this year was just better to me. The boys actually had fun together and the momma's were much less stressed. The boys were on a better schedule (1 long nap instead of 2 or 3 short ones) and no one was nursing which meant a whole lot less planning and a whole lot more relaxation! It did help that we stayed 1 or 2 more days this time so we didn't feel like we needed to cram everything in in 3 days. 

Our days were pretty much breakfast-beach-pool-lunch which led to some pretty awesome 4 hour afternoon naps. We ate lots of food and took lots of pictures. Lots and lots and lots of pictures.

I do apologize that this post is kinda all over the place...I couldn't figure out a way to get 5 days worth of pictures into 1 little post! I'm sure I will have at least one more....eventually!

We spent most of our time.... 

In our cute little condo....

With our cute little boys, in their cute little diapers. 



Beachin' it up.....














Hanging out at the pool...





Late night after-pizza swim


And EATING!!....

The Hangout



Louisiana Lagniappe

Aren't those some good daddies?? Seriously, they are the best. 

And my FAVE, Shipp's Harbour Grill
My attempt at a picture like this one:

So, the picture was not all that successful either year, but whatever. They are cute and I love them and they are growing up way too fast. 







Oh, how I miss the beach!! 



1 comment:

  1. Your photography is amazing. I love all of your crafts too! And, I need to know about how to do all of this updated bloggger stuff and how to upload more than 5 photos at a time? You can inbox me on facebook whenever you have time to explain! :)

    ReplyDelete