Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crafting

Things I have done lately....




Making a slipcover for my couch...


It doesn't look perfect but I was proud of it (and proud it was DONE!!) BTW, what was I thinking??



Leon actually painted the chalkboard paint on there...I just had the idea and got the canisters at the thrift store. 


I totally copied this from Pinterest. I love Pinterest. The only thing is, I spend so much time looking at great ideas that I don't actually have time to DO any of them. This was easy though.  And, it does't slap you in the face like my other one does. 


I didn't actually make this but I did make the pillows a while back. I bought the bench at the Hillbilly Mall and it is made out of a bed. I was actually looking for a bed to make one, and ran across this one that someone else had made and couldn't pass it up. 


I painted this old hutch that has been around for a while, I just have to get some pulls for it. I have some in my shopping cart from anthropology but I can't seem to buy them. The hutch is the perfect size for our tiny entry. Do you like how I was trying to conceal the thermostat? It doesn't look like it is working. It's not quite as obvious in "person". Maybe? Hopefully?




Leon actually made this picture frame out of a door that we found in the basement (the other half is our coffee table) and he painted the lamp (which we got for $3). I did make the burlap runner....it is not finished though. 


And I made this to go over our bed from a cork board that we had. I found this tutorial and thought it was perfect for that unused cork board. 

 I have no ideas of my own, but I love to make things that other people come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment