Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sewing Table

Handy Manny strikes again!

What is up with the two craft posts in a row? I am just so behind and the beach post is taking me forever to go through hundreds and hundreds of pictures, so I decided to do these first. 

During our basement re-do, we decided we would tear down the old random moldy shower to open up the space. I mean, it is not like we are ever going to take a shower in it...Um, GROSS. Why was it even ever there is the question? And, why mint green?


Once we got the shower down, he asked if I thought it would make a good table. At first I wasn't sure, but then I thought about my round sewing table and how much I would love to have a "craft" table so I figured I would let him give it a try. What harm could be done in trying?  Or, actually, to be quite honest, I figured the pile of wood would end up laying there for 3 years like the rest of our "ideas".

But, I was wrong. This guy was determined to get it done! At first I figured we could attach legs and then paint it white and distress it, but after he got all of the paint off, we couldn't bear to paint over it so we just ended up lightly staining it instead.


There were a few trial "designs" that we went through, but I'm pretty happy with the simple, rustic, table that it turned out to be. I really wouldn't change it at all! I would (and AM) however, changing the wall color.


In fact, the paint is just sitting in the corner begging to be put on the walls. 




I can't wait to get the walls painted and the chair redone and get things on the wall and all the shelves organized. BUT, I have to remind myself "baby steps, Amanda" So far I LOVE having such a big table to sew on (when I have time to sew these days). I have decided that IF we do decide to downsize our house and we don't have room for our DR table, then this is going to be my dining room table! It is so special to me!







No comments:

Post a Comment