Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1.5 Years


Words can not describe how unbelievable it is that I have an 18 month old little boy. What happened here? I know everyone says it does nothing but go faster and faster and so far I believe it. I do my best to enjoy every day that I have with him and enjoy all of the little things that I can.


He is a little stinker and he knows it. He knows how to push my buttons, he knows how to make me laugh, and he knows how to make my heart melt....all within 10 minutes. He really is quite the character these days.


Food: He would live off of oatmeal, yogurt, applesauce, toast, cookies, crackers, fruit loops, rolls, oranges, and peanut butter if I would allow it. Who am I kidding..that IS what he lives off of, anything else is plate decoration or something for him to play in. It doesn't stop me from trying though.

Teeth: Finally is getting some back teeth and still LOVEs to brush his teeth. I really hope that lasts because it is the only way I can talk him into getting out of the bathtub every night.

Toys: Still loves books and recently has started liking puzzles (the really easy ones that you match the dog to the dog and the truck to the truck). He loves his alphabet train that he got for his birthday and plays with it more than any other toy. He loves balls of any kind and trucks. However, he still had just rather go outside and throw a stick with Abby than play with ANY of his toys!

Words: He can say almost anything you ask him to say. You may or may not can understand him when he repeats, but he sure will try! I couldn't even begin to count all of his words because he talks so much. He has a few short sentences like "Where did he go?" ,  "I don't know" and "here ya go". Every morning he wakes up and says "Me milk, me milk". He sounds Irish or something! Oh, and he is still very good at "want it, want it" and has also added "HAVE it, have it" so going to Walmart is no longer fun at all!

Also, I just have to brag on him for semi knowing his shapes, numbers, and colors. He knows oval, circle, star, and heart for sure and I have seen him name them all for his babysitter. He also can count to 10 IF he wants to (and only IF HE WANTS to). He can pick out most of the colors if you ask him "Which one is blue, which is purple..." BUT if you ask him "what color is this?" he says his color of the day without even looking at what you asked. For a few days everything was YELLOW...now everything is PURPLE. It is so funny because he says it like he KNOWS for sure that he got it right!

I do have to say that he is not all grins and giggles ALL of the time. In fact, Leon says he is "hard headed", his babysitter has referred to him as "strong willed", and I think he is just plain stubborn sometimes! (no clue where this gene came from!?! )  It is a frustrating battle almost daily, but I am hoping that strong willed (or STUBBORN) will be to his benefit one day. At least that is what I am telling myself now! Any suggestions on books or blogs or advice in this area would be greatly appreciated!!


I try to document a lot, not that anyone besides me will care what foods he likes or what words he can say, but so I can look back and remember the little things that I love so much right now. It hurts sometimes that he is growing so fast, but it is such a blessing to see him grow and change and become a little boy.  Thank you God, for blessing me with this child. He truly is a gift. Stubborn or not.





No comments:

Post a Comment