Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

Bishop had a wonderful birthday party which I will post when I sort through the 100 or so pictures that were taken that day. He had a great time and I hope everyone else did too. I know I have said it before, but we really have the most amazing family and friends that I could ever ask for.  I had been planning so much for the party lately that I think I overlooked the real fact of the matter. I now have a 2 year old. Now I can't count his age in months. Well, I guess I COULD, but that might be weird. So last night I was looking through pictures on my camera and thinking of how lucky I am and how much fun we had had at his party and tears filled my eyes. Tears of joy and tears of sadness.

I love his innocence. 

I love his smile. 

I love his kisses. And his big hugs. 

I love his laugh. 

I love his curls.

I love his sense of humor. 

I love the way he loves me. 

I want him to always need me, always be my baby, and always love the way that I love him. I want him to love life and be thankful always. I want him to love God and know just how much God loves him. I want him to be a good person and know what really brings true joy and happiness to life. 

Birthdays are fun. Birthdays are hard. And, as hard as it is to see my baby growing up into a little boy, it is absolutely the most fun, most amazing, most rewarding experience in my life. There is nothing like it.  There are hard days. A LOT of hard days. Things don't always go the way you think they should or the way you want them to, but I would not trade any of it for the world.  

Happy birthday to you sweet child of mine!



And, you will always be my sweet baby James (whether you like it or not!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment