Monday, April 23, 2012

Two Years...last one

I promise this is the last 2 year old Bishop post! I just had to post a little of what he is doing/saying so I don't forget. It may or not be of interest to anyone but me. More than likely it won't be...but still, here it is.

Two year olds are so fun. I mean that both literally and sarcastically. See, there are moments that are filled with laughter and joy and tickles and smiles and only moments later there are moments of tears and kicking and screaming and gnashing of teeth. I am sure not all 2 year olds act this way, but mine does. I am not denying it. He is as strong willed as they come. I'm learning to deal and just having to be more strong willed than he is. I think Leon thinks our battles are funny...he says he is just like me! He is also as sweet as they come (just like me, of course) so it evens out.

He talks pretty much in full sentences. And talks non stop. I hear two comments from almost everyone we see...both strangers and people we know. One is "I love his hair" and the other is "He sure is a talker" Seriously, I don't remember him not talking but it truly is amazing. He says the funniest things and I can't even explain where some of it comes from. Everything he hears he repeats, so it is becoming so important of what we say and what he watches. Some of the things I hear most:

"Momma, where are you? I want milk. Momma, it's me, Shibop"

"Shibop Hays" When you ask his name. 

"Are you ok? It's ok momma. It's ok. I okay too."

"What's that noise? Do you hear it? I hear it." with eyes wide open and hand up at his ear. So stinking cute. 

"No, I don't want to. I don't care" My least favorite saying. 

"Daddy, you warm it up" Every morning he wants his daddy to warm up his milk and he wants to lay in "momma's bed and watch Mickey with momma" Fine by me. I'll take it. 

"Leon (pronounced Lee non), Leon you come eat supper"

 "It's hiding in the bushes" when you ask him where something is. 


He loves dinosaurs. He loves to watch dinosaurs. He loves to draw dinosaurs. He loves to pretend he is a dinosaur. He loves dinosaur books. He loves to "eat dinosaur food". Sometimes that is the only way we can get him to eat...pretending we are dinosaurs. Whatever works, right?

He loves Toy Story. Possibly as much as Mickey. Well, probably not THAT much, but it is close. And, he pretty much loves most any Disney Junior or PBS show. And, he STILL wants to watch The Grinch and Frosty...in April.  He probably watches way more TV than I would like, but there are only so many things a mom can do. Somedays, you just need TV. 

He loves outside. He loves to dig in the dirt. He loves to play ball and push things around in the yard. He would live outside if he could. 

He loves Abby. He always has really. She is finally starting to love him back even though he pesters her constantly. He loves to tell her what to do "Abby, you sit down", "Abby, drop it" "Abby, you go outside" and he loves to feed her (both his food and hers). 

He loves books. He loves to pick out the books we read and he could read them all in one night if I would do it. He likes to pretend to read. It is pretty amazing to watch him "read" if he doesn't know you are paying attention. He actually remembers a lot of the story. 

Loves his bath. He pretty much loves water period. He is happy as can be with a cup of water and a tub full of water. Getting out...that is a different story. 

Loves his family. He is crazy about ALL of his grandparents. He loves his Granna and Granddaddy (and Sally and Nolly of course), his Mamaw and Papaw, and his Papoo. He loves his cousins and talks about them a lot and never forgets any of them.

Loves to watch videos of himself. He gets that from his daddy :)

Is really starting to pretend-play with his toys. I don't know all of what he is talking about but I usually hear a "help me" coming from one of his toys to another.

He knows all of his letters and sounds, most of his colors, all of the shapes, and can at least count to 11 or 12. He can pick back up at 17 and count to 20 sometimes. The numbers in between..not so much.

He is not a daredevil and it seems he may have inherited his mother's athletic ability. Bless him. But, I am not concerned though. I know his will and his will is much stronger than any natural born talent so I know if there is something he ever wants to do...he will do it! (and if he doesn't want to...HE WON'T)

He loves to draw/color but he can't even come close to staying in the lines or drawing anything other than a scribble. But it is entertainment for a few minutes at least.

He is an ok eater most of the time, and he will usually try anything we are eating. He loves Mexican food, yogurt, chips, cookies, M&Ms, bananas with peanut butter, and oatmeal. He doesn't eat out well or at other people house's but most of the time at home he eats ok. He still loves milk, tea, and orange juice and could live on those alone if allowed to. Well, that and cookies.

I love my strong-willed, stubborn-as-a-mule, sweet, smart, non-daredevil, loving, little 2 year old more than I could ever put into words! It's so weird that I would swear there is no way that I could love him any more, yet the next day it happens just the same....I love him more.  How is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment