Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Picnic Party

I had so many ideas for Bishop's second birthday because he loves so many things right now and anything for a 2 year old can be cute if you get creative (or if you google!). He loves dinosaurs, Toy Story, fishing, ball, and Mickey Mouse which would all make great birthday parties (and may some day), but I think most of all he likes to play outside. With that in mind and with the help of Maggie, JJ, and daddy we came up with a picnic party.  I think it was perfect! The weather turned out so nice....a spring birthday is quite unpredictable (last year it was 45 degrees!). It was a bit windy so a lot of my decorations had to go...or got blown away! But I don't really think anyone noticed but me anyway. I know Bishop didn't care...he would have been happy with the bubbles, the playground, a cupcake, gummy worms, and some cookies.

I know I brag on Maggie a lot for all of her awesome work at MG Paperworks, but seriously, she has completely outdone herself this time!


Isn't that the cutest? Not only did she print it, but she also designed each paper for the flags, cut them out, and taped them on with string. AND, she cut out each little ant on the bottom. I could not have been happier with them! She really has talent...and a lot of patience for dealing with me ;)


Food tables

Having a party under a pavilion is nice...but not so great for pictures. A lot of them were very dark. I somehow managed to not take a picture of the dessert and drink table but luckily Leon snapped one with his phone. 

I really was able to have this cute party and not spend very much money at all. I already had all of the fabric from my rehearsal dinner and JJ randomly had the cute picnic baskets. I pretty much had everything already, it just took some time making everything. 

"Picnic" area

I did purchase those giant balloons. I thought they were the cutest things ever. However, they literally took 1/2 of a tank of helium each (those you buy at walmart that blow up 30 or so balloons) so that made them a little pricey. And they were so heavy that one got away! But, I was able to reuse one that still had helium for his bday pics.






We had typical picnic food..Sandwiches, chips and dip/cheetos, pasta/fruit salad, and lemonade/Koolaide/water to drink. 


Another one of Maggie's cute creations. 



For dessert we had cupcakes and cookies (made by me) and the best chocolate cake you have ever eaten (made by JJ's mom Roro). It is my favorite cake! We also had ice cream and watermelon, but both of those got left at home..oops :)

I made the cutest 3 tiered cupcake holder that I was so proud of, but due to hurricane force winds, I had to resort to a 1 tier cupcake holder or else I was going to end up with NO cupcakes. The party went on anyway :)

Party Hats and favors


Favors
(stickers by MG Paperworks)

His outfit I made


And a beanbag toss game made from scrap wood (by daddy) and scrap fabric (made by me). 


I also must give credit where credit is due. I could not have done this without the help of JJ, Allen, Maggie, and Leon. So thanks so much guys...Bishop loved his party and so did his momma!


I'm pretty sure JJ and I are the luckiest girls around. Two awesome daddy's up at midnight assembling the goody bags!

Ok...I think that wraps up the party now! Whew!




1 comment: