Monday, August 20, 2012

Backyard Golf

I won't be so whiny this time....I was off today!

Hasn't the weather been fabulous? Do I not live in Mississippi? Is it not August? Either way, I'll take it!

Since it was SO pretty today and Bishop has been SO good lately (in general and in potty training), we decided we would go play golf with daddy this afternoon. After arriving at the golf course and finding out that the office was closed and we could not rent a cart and play, I was crushed.  Not because I really wanted to play that much, but because I knew the second we pulled up at home he would cry. You see, I had promised him golf. He had his new golf clubs packed up and his bag ready. He was one excited little boy. He kept saying "I'm going golfing". So excited. And, to know you are going to disappoint your child feels kinda like being punched in the stomach. I can handle tears. I can handle fits.  But, knowing that his little heart is broken is just too much. So, the second we pulled up at home, it happened. He cried. And I almost cried. But, daddy saved the day! He got him all excited about playing golf in the backyard and all was well with the world. Crisis averted! Whew!




Love my golfer boys! 

So thankful God gives us days like today to wipe away days like yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment