Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lately

Keeping it real, lately I have been in a funk. While we have been constantly busy, I haven't really used my camera much or taken the time to blog. I hope that changes soon because even though there really aren't very many readers, I do actually enjoy blogging. Maybe it is because it is summer we have been on the go a lot. Or maybe it is because my two year old is going through a very difficult stage right now and at the end of the day I just want to plant my face in a pillow and scream. Maybe it is because I constantly think that I need to be at home with said two year old instead of leaving him crying in the mornings. Or maybe it is because potty training a two year old is about as much fun as getting a tooth pulled...without any anesthesia. I know, poor me, right?  I will do better. I will be in a better mood...and blog more because while there is a lot about the two year old that drives me crazy, there is so much more that makes me smile every day. Like, how I have to kiss every little boo boo (real and made up) and make it better. And how he gives sweet kisses when I pretend to be sad. And, how he loves me to lay in bed and read him stories and sing songs every night. And, how when I get home from work he says "Momma, I am SO glad to see you" and runs to give me a big hug. Yeah, he is difficult, but so worth every minute. God has blessed me to be his mother, as trying as it may be sometimes.

Here are a few pics from this summer. I seem to be able to have more time for Instagram than my actual camera (after months of complaining about not having it...go figure!)...

Going back to the Science Museum to see the dinosaurs with Harvey. We originally planned to take them to the Children's Museum, but apparently it is closed on Mondays. The boys both had a blast and never knew the difference. And Bishop asked to go to the museum at least once every few days. Between the zoo dinosaur exhibit and this one twice, he has no clue that dinosaurs do not exist anymore. 

Playing a little golf with Daddy



Coloring with Mamaw and Papaw


Playing on the "watermark" with Claire

Catching Butterflies

Visiting my Papaw Herman

Playing in the "sprinkles"



Sorry for the randomness. I will do better...maybe. And, FALL isn't too far away! Yay! My favorite!




No comments:

Post a Comment