Friday, August 30, 2013

The cabin life....

We actually spent a good bit of our time hanging out at the cabin. It was a great place for us to stay as a family. At one point there were 17 of us there, and it didn't even feel too cramped. It had a basement with arcade games for the boys and an awesome porch. And being that it was summer, it was nice that it also had a pool. Now, I won't lie, I had personally rather have been there in the cool months of October or November (and not preggo!) but we couldn't have asked for a better place for all of us to stay.

Drinking his hot chocolate on the porch with momma

Teamwork...Bishop is driving but apparently can't reach the gas so Jonah is pressing the gas petal for him. 

Breakfast with Granna on the porch

Oh, how these pictures make me long for fall and eating breakfast on my back porch. One of my favorite simple pleasures in life....too bad it is only 100 degrees outside! Moving along....

And this random photo is of the "bear" that kept getting in our trash at night. I have to say, he was almost as big as a bear! I was on the couch and kept hearing this noise outside and looked out the window and there he was. It was pretty cool watching him. One of the very few perks of not sleeping well at night!

Playing the iPad on the porch. I can't decide if this is the best or worst invention ever?

Night swimming with the cousins

Modeling their new Davy Crockett hats from Granna and Granddaddy

One day, while the big kids went to some things I thought Bishop might be too young for, we stayed at the cabin and swam. 




My boys


I really don't think Bishop missed a thing. He was perfectly content with a day at the pool! 



Hanging out with Granna and Granddaddy on the back porch

No comments:

Post a Comment