Tuesday, April 29, 2014

6 months

With all of the Easter and birthday craziness, I almost forgot to take Ben's 6 month picture. Oops! He is growing like a weed! He is changing so very much and I just want him to stop already. He and Bishop favor maybe  a little bit but they sure have different personalities. As much as I would love time to slow down, it is so fun getting to know this little person that God chose me to be a mommy to.


  • He's getting better about sleeping but he sure isn't as good of a sleeper as Bishop was. Which, in his defense, is partially MY fault. I was a bit of a stickler with Bishop's schedule and a whole lot more flexible with Ben. I realized that even on the worst day with hardly any good naps…life will go on. I still do a fairly decent job of a routine with him- I just don't panic if things don't go as I plan. 
  • Starting to sit up on his own finally. 
  • Curious about EVERYTHING. He wants to chew on anything he can get to his mouth. 
  • He isn't as big of a fan of playing by himself as Bishop was. He loves to be talked to and held. He likes the jumper and some of the same toys that Bishop liked. His favorite is the same vtech car that B loved. 
  • Still has skin issues which literally drive me crazy! There aren't enough creams in the pharmacy to keep him from itching :(
  • He has broken out in a rash with 3 of the 6 foods I have tried so I am waiting until after our 6 month checkup to give him anything else. (Banana, peas, and avocado caused an all over rash. The peas were terrible. 3 days of Benadryl and it was finally better) 
  • Has the squishiest, most kissable cheeks EVER
  • Stopped sucking his bottom lip (thank GOODNESS!) and now has a funny habit of wiggling like a worm. So, we made up a song and if we sing it, he does "the worm". Funniest, and cutest thing ever. I will try and get a video. 
  • He lights up when his brother talks to him. I could never get enough of it :)



It's getting a little more difficult to take the pictures with this squirmy worm who wants to eat everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment