Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Kitchen "Reveal"

After weeks of living in a wreck and making decision after decision, it's finally done. Im sure I'll put something on the walls at some point and I'm sure there will be some minor changes but hopefully nothing big. I debated new light fixtures and really, there is plenty of light so it wasn't necessary over the bar. I thought it might even be too much.  I took the shades off of the DR light so its practically new (to me at least). 






I could have at least wiped off the fingerprints from the dishwasher and moved the soup from the stove, but, well, I live here. And it was lunchtime and Ben was just waking up and Leon was walking in the door. So, there it is, fingerprints and all. 


This isn't really the kitchen but it is just around the corner and got the same new flooring. 

And, keeping it real here, folks. I didn't want the microwave on the counter so there it is, on the dryer. I was hoping Leon would agree to a built in (in cabinets) but he convinced me not to right now. And I wanted it on the shelf but it just wouldn't fit and I see no point in buying a new (smaller) microwave. It's not really optimal, but it works fine. I've shown some of my favorite parts of my house and my laundry/pantry/medicine cabinet nook has to top my list as my least favorite areas. I just usually keep the curtains closed!

Baking before:
Baking after:

I still sometimes bring that highchair over, but usually I don't because I can still see him from the stove and sink. I can even see them playing now while I cook. I simply love it and am so happy with the results. 


3 comments:

  1. You did an outstanding work! The whole family must be thrilled to start whipping up delicious meals in that breathtaking kitchen. I'm sure dinner will never be the same again. Kudos to the family for a job well done! :)

    Arthur Bryant @ Contractor Express

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new kitchen looks wonderful! I bet you always feel good whenever you cook there. You and your whole family did a great job with this project, and I'm glad to know that you're happy with how it turned out. Have a great day!


    Homer Collins @ Pinnacle Renovations

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be proud. The result looks marvelous in every aspect, from the lighting, up to the furniture. The layout seems really tight too, and its elements well-integrated. I like how the kitchen meshes nicely with the dining area, and how it's great for entertaining guests as well. Cheers!

    Fred Richardson @ SGK Home Solutions

    ReplyDelete