Saturday, January 31, 2015

Ben's party

It's hard to believe my baby was one year old over 3 months ago now. While it seems on one hand like it was just yesterday that I was praying and praying for another baby…it seems on the other like he has always been here. If there is one thing for sure, it is that we couldn't imagine our lives without sweet Ben. He has filled this house with an immeasurable amount of joy.  We celebrated his day with family and I'd like to say the day was perfect, but in all honesty, it was not. It actually may have been one of the worst days in my entire life. Our best friends were here and sweet Hazel and the boys were playing outside and she fell from our stairs 8-9 feet on her head. On concrete. I can now say I have witnessed a miracle from God, first hand. I shutter every time I walk out to where she fell. There is no way she would have walked away from that fall other than the absolute pure grace of God. So it was a tough day. Sometimes life is just that way. Somehow, we still managed to have the party and other than being stressed more than I had planned, it turned out good. Ben had a blast. We are so very thankful for him!

I'm not really sure how I came up with his birthday idea, but I know I wanted something boyish and simple. And, something in the backyard. There's just something about October afternoons in the back yard..football, family, friends, and cake. Can't really beat it!  

One day, I'll spend extra time on making the pictures pretty like I used to. But for now, I'm doing good just to sit down and half way organize them to post. 

Photo overload….





















And, that's it folks. He's on his way to TWO!




No comments:

Post a Comment