Sunday, January 4, 2015

A New Year! 2015

It's a new year and a new opportunity to start being a better me and I hope to take full advantage of it. I've never been a huge fan of resolutions, but I do feel like it's a good opportunity to start fresh every year. There are the obvious things like eating better, going to bed earlier, reading my bible more, getting up earlier, exercising, getting organized, yada yada yada. And, while I do want/NEED to do all of those things, I also want to do LESS. I want to learn to say no to things that really don't matter, I want to stop trying to be supermom (which clearly I was never achieving anyway), and I wan't to simply have less "stuff". I'm slowly learning that less really is more. Cheers to a new year and a new start!

Also, I'm going to give this whole blogging thing another go. I've had lots of ideas in my head yet I never get around to any of it. It's mostly because I choose to spend more time with my boys so I can't regret it completely. Hopefully, though, I can manage to do a little bit more between the laundry, dishes, cooking and meal planning, diaper changing, cleaning, and raising 2 monkeys. If I had a "real" blog, I should probably call it "cold coffee".  Because almost every day, I fix my coffee, get the boys breakfast, clean up the kitchen, let the dog out, clean up the boys, find backpack, find shoes, get Bishop out of the door for school, realize I haven't taken a sip of coffee, microwave it, and find it hours (or days!) later still in the microwave. Cold. Almost every day.  I laugh to myself every time because I can't seem to get it together enough just to sit and drink my coffee. Or even get it together enough to remember I put it in the microwave. One day all too soon I'll get to sit back and drink my coffee while it's still hot, but for now I'll enjoy the chaos. And, I guess until more than 3 people read my blog, I'll just keep the name"The Hays Family" :)

Hope to see you all soon! And perhaps my next post won't be so all over the place!  And, here is a picture because, really, what good is a post without a picture?! I forgot to take a picture of my kids by the Christmas tree (go figure) in their Christmas best,  so here is a picture after church today in their January best :)



No comments:

Post a Comment