Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Crafty Couple

Leon's work:


                                                                         My work:


These pictures are from my phone, so they are not the best...but you get the idea.

 Leon made us a coffee table from a door that he found in the basement. He banged it up a little (more than it already was), sawed the top off, added legs, glazed it, and voile...coffee table. Pretty crafty, I think.

 I made Bishop the turkey outfit from start to finish. I was so proud. I sewed the jon jon and was going to have someone applique a turkey on it, but then I took the advice of Jan, and did it myself. It is nowhere close to being perfect...but to be worn once, I think it will do just fine! I got a light iron on sew adhesive, not sure if it matters or not. Also, I read you can use a coffee filter as a stablizer on the underside of the fabric, but I had so much material that I don't think I needed it. I love sewing! It frustrates me to absolutely no end...and it is probably much cheaper for me just to buy the outfits if you consider the ridicous amount of time I spend doing it but I LOVE it! I wish I could stay home and sew all the time!! Seriously though,  I would never make any money because I have to start over so many times. At one point when I was doing the button holes, my machine kept messing up (user error, I'm sure), and I literally thought about throwing it out the window. I am getting a little better if the machine will cooperate! Hopefully I can get a better pic of the the little guy wearing his turkey day outfit tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are doing a great job! So proud of you & your sewing. . . you'll need to teach me now! :) And I 100% completely agree about how frustrating and time consuming sewing is. I can't tell you how angry and SINFUL I was when I appliqued for the first time. I had to start over like 1000 times and was so angry. But you're right it is fun to see your final result! Good job and with time it will get a little easier.

    ReplyDelete