Sunday, April 24, 2011

The party decor


Well, I had hoped to make it to Kara's, but maybe next year. It would help my chances a bit to send in pictures I guess...and hire a professional photographer and spend lots o' money. Nontheless, I think Bishop's party turned out fabulous. Almost everything was homemade, so I was especially proud of how it all turned out. Most importantly, I think he had a great day!

I'd like to first thank my maid of honor assistant party planner Maggie ( MG Paperworks) for all her hard work. Not only did she listen to my [ridiculous] concerns over what type fabric I should get, what food/drinks should be on the menu, where I should situate everything, what I should do for favors (the list goes on and on!) but she also did A LOT of the work for me. See that cute banner up there...not only did she digitally create it, she also hand cut that out...in 34 minutes. I  wanted cute and simple for his first birthday party, and she happened to find the cutest scrapbook paper that ended up working out perfectly. It was even the colors I had in mind.  She started her work by creating my invitation.....


After deciding on the invitation,  Maggie and I stalked the internet for cute ideas and this is what we came up with...




 
So, out of the 200 pictures I took this weekend, I did not get a photo of the amazing cupcake toppers (but I did find some in the oven a week later and took a photo!!)  or the adorable bubbles with coordinating stickers that Maggie made. For the cupcake topper, she punched out a scalloped circle from scrapbook paper and glued a toothpick and the above circles in the middle. They were too, too cute. I'm sure she could make them for any event...and they are SUPER easy! Just swirl on some plain icing, embelish with sprinkles if you like, and stick in the topper. Easy Peasy. The bubbles were easy as well, I got lucky and found those on the Easter aisle at Walmart for a couple dollars for all of them. I just stickered over the bunnies with the cute ones that she made.


The favors were one of my favorite things that we did. I thought they turned out great.  Also easy...and inexpensive! And, I learned this weekend that kids LOVE gum...good favor idea! Oh, and the animal crackers were for the little ones.

I found this cute party hat tutorial here.

I would also like to thank my bestie JJ for all her hard work as well with the cake, ideas, and lot and lots of moral support! Without these two girls, there would have been no party...and there might not be an Amanda :)

It was so, so fun...both the planning and the actual party!

Don't forget to check out MG Paperworks for ANY personalized party supplies you might need!!




3 comments:

  1. Oh, guess what...I found 5 cupcakes in the little oven that I apparently hid before the party so I can get a picture of my cupcake toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! And you gon' need to quit saying "next year" and move to "his 3rd birthday"...we discussed this!

    ReplyDelete