Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dream Jobs...

Warning: if you are looking for pictures of my adorable son, you are in the wrong post. This is just me, doing a little daydreaming. Sorry, I will return with lots of adorable-ness soon.

Anyone who reads my blog probably knows that my number 1 dream job would be to be a stay at home mom. Period. End of Story. I would totally be Suzie (or Amanda) Homemaker. I daydream of having the laundry all done and put away and having a house so clean that you don't even need plug in smelly things to make the weird mystery smells go away. I'd have dinner ready and waiting on Leon after picking fresh veggies from the garden, wearing an apron that I just whipped up for myself during nap time. Since that is never going to happen, I thought I'd come up with a list of other dream jobs that also probably will never happen. And, for the record,  even if I did get to be a SAHM, I'm pretty sure that I'd still freak out when I look at the clock and realize it is already 4:30 and I haven't gotten out of my PJ's or thought about supper as I wonder where in the world the day went...at least SOME days.  A girl can dream, right?

Dream Jobs:

1)Blogger: Who knew people could make money blogging? My problem would be finding my niche. Would I focus on thoughts about motherhood? Funny? Serious? DIY projects? Crafts? Food/recipes? Sewing? Budgeting? I think I'll call my blog "The Happy Homebody" and just do a little of it all. I'll be like Pioneer Woman.

2) Photographer: Since I'm going to be starting real blog, I definitely need to have more eye appealing photos. I mean, have you ever visited a "good" blog and seen a bad picture?  Even if I weren't going to be a professional blogger, I would still like to be a photographer. How awesome would it be to be able to catch some of the best moments in a person's life and freeze it for them forever? I get butterflies thinking about it.

3) Singer: Ok, I'm just kidding on that one. I just wish I could sing.

4) Kid's clothing designer/maker: Is that even a title? Maybe I would do something specifically for boys. There are so many adorable clothes out there for girls, but the little boys get left out of a lot. I do agree that there is much more that can be done with girls clothing with all of the bows, bubbles, dresses, ruffles, etc, and generally speaking, people are more likely to spend more money on girls. However, that is precisely why I would like to do something just for the boys. There is actually a lot out there, you just have to look (really hard!).  I'm not sure what I'd call my little shop....Snakes and Snails? The Blue Frog?

Oh no, Leon has just informed me of a building downtown for rent...I must move on to my next dream before I quit my day job....

5) Party planner:  I've wanted to do this for years. I love parties, and I love for every detail to be planned out perfectly. I've always tried to take even the family birthday parties to another level by never settling for a store bought cake, no matter how little sleep I had to go on just to get it finished in time. Does Kroger put that much love in their cakes? I think not! (They are becoming increasingly more appealing these days tho, I must say)  I'd be the photographer, the menu planner, the cake decorator, wardrobe coordinator, and decorator. However, I couldn't do a thing without my friend over at MG Paperworks. She's actually started living her dream! Even if it is an on the side job for right now, it took a lot of guts!!  Go, Maggie!


After a long...and I mean, LONG, week in the pharmacy, I start to wonder why exactly I became a pharmacist in the first place. It does make me happy to help people and to always learn new things but sometimes I don't feel like I am helping anyone at all....nor am I enjoying what I do. I'm not saying I hate my job, because I don't. I love the people I work with and I love working hard and doing a good job. And, quite honestly, I love getting a paycheck! I just feel like there is something more I could be doing. Ya know? In pharmacy school, I felt like there were so many opportunities out there, but now I'm not so sure. I do know that I picked a career that I could work part time if I so chose to, so maybe if I say that enough times, Leon will actually go for it.  Then, when I only work part time,  I can insert one of my dream jobs in to all that extra time I'll have on my hands. :)

Disclaimer: I'm fully aware of how lucky I am to even have a job these days, and to have the job/schedule that I have. Believe, me...I do know this!

No comments:

Post a Comment