Monday, August 22, 2011

16 Months

Wow, can we say personality?  Or maybe more appropriately, can we say attitude?


He is still ALL boy...


He is on the go. All. The. Time.

Sometimes you just have to snap a picture as he runs by.

And, he eats at the big table now. With a fork. What is wrong here? Where is my baby? It really is cute though...all of us sitting around the table eating dinner together. It is pretty much the only time he is quite so it is a nice time (usually!) as a family. He learned to take the tray off of his high chair so we had to scoot the chair part up to the table so we don't end up with food all on the floor. And, at the babysitters, he got moved to the big table for safety reasons because he can stand up in her high chair, even when he was strapped in. Independent little man. Gah, stay little longer!

He also gets excited about eating...I asked him last night if he was ready to eat, and he brought me this saying "eat, eat, eat" (It was sitting in the floor since it isn't used most of the time)



Speaking of babysitters, he is still going  which is still a sore subject with me. I want to be home more. Period. I do LOVE my babysitter, I mean, she is family and has kept children in her home for years and years so I completely trust her. It has nothing to do with that, it's just I want more time with him at home. I think he needs it. (no one can convince me otherwise, so don't even try :) ) And, to top it off, he has started crying when I leave him making an already bad situation even worse. I know, everyone goes through "that" phase, but that doesn't help my feelings at all. I'm still hanging on to the idea of part time. I'm pretty sure I have to wait until we have another baby, but I'm still hanging on either way! Leon WILL get tired of hearing it...eventually.

Bishop is testing his boundaries more and more everyday. Sometimes I get upset because I feel like I spend more time disciplining him than I do anything else. But, I know it is what he needs. He tries his limits with everyone. He is going through a not so fun "screaming" stage where he screams if he gets mad or if he wants something. I just keep thinking "this too shall pass."

 I think he is finally over digging in the cabinets for hours everyday, at least for now. Now he wants his "cuucks" to sit in the floor while I am cooking and take all of the tops off and try to put them back on. Whatever, it entertains him so I don't mind. It is funny to see how they end up with tops inside of cups and tops on cups that don't fit, etc.


The only problem is that he never seems to have enough.

Asking me for another "cuuuck, cuuuck"

How can you say no to those big brown eyes?

And, the hair, wow.  It is still curly, but has moved into another stage. I can't bear to cut it yet; I've been dealing with him being called a girl for 16 months now, so I'm over that part.

It is fine just after it is washed and combed, but he wakes up like this......

I'm seriously contemplating product...don't judge.

And, the child loves his daddy. Every morning he wakes up saying "daddy, daddy, daddy". He starts out as if he is asking his daddy to save him....then after a hundred or so times, it turns into "da-DDY, da-DDY" as if he is demanding out of bed right now. It is funny to listen to.

In fact, not only does he love his daddy, but he is just like his daddy.

He likes to sleep....

Watch TV...

And make funny faces in the mirror at himself....

Oh, and, he LOVES his momma too!

[Insert photo of him giving his mom a big hug and patting her on the back...maybe even giving her a kiss here]

It is kind of hard for the photographer to photograph that, but it is something I don't need a photo to remember. It is pretty much a feeling that will stay with me forever.

I look forward to another month with this angel!






1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine that leaving your own child would ever get any easier, or at least it doesn't for me and I'm here all of the time! So, no, you keep at Leon to be home! :) And, yes, discipline is no fun at all, but the Lord teaches us to teach and instruct them in the ways of the Lord, which includes obeying us parents. Imagine how weary one (that's me!) could become when they're home all the time. . .that means disciplining all the time too! But so worth it, and I hope you can enjoy it too one day! He's so precious and worth it!

    ReplyDelete