Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pickwick

This summer has kinda been a bummer as far as "weekends on the lake" go. My family usually has several get togethers involving grilled food and boating, but not this summer. I know there will be a next summer, so I am not complaining too much...I just miss it! However, last Saturday we did manage to make it to Pickwick to hang out with people we love! We didn't take the boat out, but quite honestly, we didn't really miss it.

First, we stopped at the camper and got to play with this cute little red headed boy....


We rode around on the gofcart and looked at "booooattts".

This picture was taken while Bishop and I were watching the boats while my mom took off a girl's toenail. Yes, that is what I said. She took off a girl's (who we did not know) toenail.  We were on the golf cart and got flagged down by a guy whose friend had fallen and hurt her toe. Apparently he had heard that one of us was a nurse. Thank goodness it wasn't me! This, people, is why I am not a nurse.

After said random toenail incident,  we went back to the camper to get a snack and play with Grandaddy.

Isn't that coozie sippy cup the coolest?



After visiting with the parents for a while, we packed up and headed down the road to the Caver's condo with Anne and Bill, Maggie and Josh, and Walker and um, I can't remember her name but I liked here and she was fun.

We played, ate some delicious food, and had a blast! We ended up staying late (thank goodness for the pack and play) and even got to see Rebecca and her folks for a bit while she was in town. She is an awesome photographer I might add. I envy her talent!


Hmmm. This just makes me laugh, sorry Mags :)

He ran back and forth on this porch at least 50 times.

Did I mention the good food??
We had steaks, potatoes, salad, bread, cake, dip, and key lime pie. Oh, and limoncello!
Yummy!


Bishop LOVES JC....




Isn't he going to be a fantastic dad? Just saying...

Bishop also LOVED Walker....


Teaching him a few cords.....

Sweetness!

Then the baby boy went to bed and Leon and I got to catch up with the Cavers and Christophers. It was a fun, fun weekend!




2 comments: