Monday, August 15, 2011

Smart Boy

Bishop never ceases to amaze me. He is so smart that it scares me sometimes! He catches on to things that you would never think about. Just one more reason to add to the [LONG] list of reasons I love him so much. And another reason you really have to be careful of what you say and do around him! 

Tonight I caught a few short videos of him that just melt my heart. Sometimes I wish I could video every day with him and then just sit back and watch it one day! Usually as soon as I get out a camera, he stops doing whatever he was doing and runs off.

This first video is B "counting". It is so funny to me because he skips 4 and 7 EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It's not like he forgot them this one time or something. He has never even tried to say them or pretented they exist. He just moves right on past them, so funny. Occasionally he will start counting with 1, but most of the time he starts with 2.

Please excuse myself in the video..I was trying to coach him and we had the camera turned around so we could see ourselves and I look goofy. Whatever.


 I think it is pretty good for a 16 month old!

And, the next one is just sweetness to me. I ask him what book he wanted to read tonight, and I let him pick on off of the top shelf (you know, the one where I put the booksI have gotten tired of reading...out of sight, out of mind) and he spotted this book and said "My Mommy, My Mommy" I was suprised because I haven't read it to him in a long time and he remembered it.  There is a similar book that is "I love my Daddy Because.." and he knew the difference just by the cover. I will add that he and I both love these books if you are looking for a good children's book...which we always are! It holds his attention, and he learns animal names and sounds and also baby animal names (which we haven't gotten to yet). And, if are tired, you can skip all the learning part and just read it...it is a good, short, bedtime story.


I think it is pretty sweet, but maybe I just like to hear him say "my mommy".




No comments:

Post a Comment