Monday, March 26, 2012

Buffalo Park

As a last minute decision, JJ, Brandi, and I decided to take the boys to the Buffalo Park today. It is rare that we all 3 are off on the same day and especially rare that it is on a pretty day like today. I had never been before so I didn't know what to expect. It was actually really fun! And perfect for the kids!  Of course, their favorite part was probably playing on the playground so we could've saved money by just doing that! But they really did like it. I will admit that I am not a huge fan of the caged animal part...it is not quite as nice as a zoo where they are in a simulated natural habitat at least. However, most of them seemed happy and were VERY eager for us to feed them. The park was the perfect size for the boys to enjoy.

The first thing we did was ride a trolly out to see/feed the buffalo. We also saw zebras, cows, horses and donkeys. The animals come right up to you which was neat.



After the trolly ride, we walked around and looked at all of the other animals they have in the "zoo". They have tortoises, a lion, an alligator, monkeys, birds, snakes, kangaroos, giraffes, and all kinds of farm animals. I thought on the way that Bishop might be disappointed because the whole way there he named of several animals that I knew he wasn't going to see like seals and elephants (his favorites at the zoo) but he was perfectly happy without them. 



Another neat thing about the park is that you can feed the giraffes right out of your hand! Bishop only halfway liked it. But he loved petting them. It was kinda gross to me anyway. And, did you know giraffes have a very strong tongue? Well, we know this now. I was trying to open the bag up to pour some out for him and he literally took the whole bag. I tried to get it back but it was a goner! He ate our whole bag of food...bag and all! 



Like I said the playground was the favorite for the boys. Bishop is a little more afraid of sliding and swinging than Carsten or Harvey, but he made it just fine crawling through tunnels, climbing, and "driving" the cars. He absolutely loves the park!


And MY favorite part was the picnic under the pavilion. We brought everything under the sun to eat..sandwiches, watermelon, grapes, chips, goldfish, yogurt, chocolate. I'm a sucker for a picnic! It was SO nice in the shade too. And, I finally had a chance to talk to the other mommas :) 



"CHEESE"

What a fun spring day! So glad I got to spent it with these cute boys and their mommas!

No comments:

Post a Comment