Saturday, November 9, 2013

Vacation with the Warringtons

Going back and blogging about things months later is really not very fun to me. I really have the worst memory! Thank goodness I took lots of pictures with my cell phone or we wouldn't even have any pictures from this trip. It was a really nice trip as usual with the Warringtons! The boys are getting old enough to actually play together and not argue quite as much so it is a lot more fun for everyone. They always get along well, but after a day or so they tend to get tired and grumpy. This time was much better...and it was even better when they visited baby Ben this fall. I hate that we don't live closer but then again it is nice that when we do see them, it is for an extended period of time. And, it is like they never missed a beat the months in between visits. AND, they played so hard and stayed up late and Bishop slept late almost every day. This NEVER happens. He has some sort of internal clock for getting up at 7..no matter what time he went to sleep. In fact, he usually gets up earlier if he goes to bed late so I was thankful for the extra sleep for all of us. And, of course, I always am excited about the food on the coast but being 6 months pregnant made it even more what I was looking forward to :) 

Our first night there, Mandy, Nate, and Fischer came and stayed with us and we went to eat at the Sunset Grille. It is their favorite place and I think the food is pretty good but the atmosphere is really nice. And they really do have the most amazing sunsets. 

I love Fischer in this picture..he looks like "get me out of this boat with that crazy driver"


We didn't have the the greatest weather our first few days. One morning the wind was so bad we sat our on the balcony and watched floats (like the round green one) roll down the beach. It was so funny...it was like they were racing. It was quite entertaining, but I'm sure the people who had their tents or big umbrellas blown away didn't really find it too amusing! 

Looking for shells

We always have one night to stay in and order pizza and swim and the boys love it. It is a lot to expect from a 3 year old to enjoy going to a restaurant where they have to wait and not play EVERY night. We also enjoy the break from getting everyone ready and out the door in time to eat.

After pizza, the boys and their daddies went "crabbing". They loved it.  Give Bishop a flashlight and a net and he is one happy camper! JJ and I watched from the balcony and it was insane the amount of flashlights that were out. Surprising that there are even any crabs left!


Who doesn't love a snack on the beach?!

Bishop learned to "go under" the first day we were there and he would not stop. I'd say he was close to obsessed. I think next year I'll get him swimming lessons because he was getting pretty good by the end of the week...at least from where he started. 


Sweet Hazel enjoyed the pool too


My attempts at getting a picture of these two before dinner is always a bit of a failure. They were two tired little boys!



Waiting to eat at Shipp's harbour grill isn't so bad! 









Our condo had an indoor pool which was nice because it did rain a good bit so the boys were able to still swim when it was yucky out. 



Building a sand shark. Or dolphin?

I had to go buy him goggles because he keeps his eyes open under water and the first day his eyes were so red! I was shocked at how well he wore them. I just told him he couldn't go under without goggles and he listened (that never happens!)


His favorite thing was to dive for toys in the kiddy pool. He did it for hours. 

Twins
Our ALMOST family of four waiting for dinner




While standing in line to order our food I said "go stand by this tree so I can take your picture." This is what I got. Love them. 


Sorry for the ridiculous picture overload!





No comments:

Post a Comment