Sunday, November 10, 2013

Waiting on Baby

The last few months I kind of felt like I was waiting. Waiting to meet this new little person that had been growing for months. Waiting to see how Bishop was going to react to a baby brother. Waiting for the adjustment and a new normal. Waiting to be able to breathe again. Waiting to not have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. I am the worst pregnant person and it is probably a good thing I didn't feel like blogging...I might not want any more children otherwise! While we were waiting, we did manage a few fun things. And, in the end, I was getting super nervous about losing my little family of three I have had for 3 1/2 years. It was what I had wanted for a long time, but still made me a little sad for that to end.

Sunday afternoon trip to Lowe's. Of course he wants to sit in the floor and read all of the books they have! Kid loves books. 

Playing in the water hose...and stealing my apple.

We made cupcakes.

This happened way too often. Terrible mom, I know. But after working all day, some nights it was the best I could do! At least there are apples on the plate and it's PBS, right? 

Helping me do a little cleaning...there is only water in that bottle btw, but he "cleaned" EVERYTHING with it. 

Enjoying coffee (or hot chocolate..whatever) on a beautiful fall Saturday on our porch swing. We don't do that nearly enough. 

Playing in the rocks with Jake. They played for hours. This picture of Jake cracks me up with his "cheese" face. Love, love, love them! I'm kinda thinking Ben favors Jake more than Bishop so far...I could be wrong (there is always a first time, right?) but he looks a little like him to me sometimes. Maybe Ben will have those gorgeous blue eyes and red hair :)

My pinterest inspired door hanger. It was pretty easy, just time consuming. But it was really cheap and I like how it turned out!


Bishop had to test out the new baby equipment. 

And we made daddy birthday cookies. I use the term "made" lightly...note they are store-bought slice and bake cookies with store-bought icing. 

We had a picnic/play date at the park with Claire 

And celebrated daddy's birthday at O'charleys. Yes, I did ask them to sing...his face still looks a bit red. 

All the birthday talk inspired this beautiful birthday Lego cake, just for me :)

Another pinterest inspired idea. I really like how it turned out. Everyone needs a little glitter in their home :) And, after this project, we will be having glitter in ours for many years to come! A bit messy when the 3 year old wants to "help".

Waffles before going to the park. An attempt to walk out the baby..which did not work, of course.


On our way to the park one day, we ran into Granddaddy at Subway so he came and had a picnic with us. 

Donut date
He looks so grown. Even though he just eats the chocolate and sprinkles off of the donut still. 

Yogurt date

I swear we occasionally eat healthy (ish) and at home. Sometimes :)


And, I actually did more sewing the last few weeks that I was pregnant than I did the entire year. I made several baby gifts, 4-5 shirts for Bishop, gowns/onesies/burp clothes for Ben, and their Halloween costumes. I wasn't working that week so it was nice to be able to get out my machine and not be so tired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment