Tuesday, July 6, 2010

From the beginning

And so it was true, after making a 10:30 (PM) Walmart run and purchasing 3 different brands of tests, we finally believed it. Well, kind of. I did take one or two daily for a while "just to be sure". We kept it a secret for 7 whole ridiculously long weeks (ok, so it is not all that long, but I'm kind of impatient) until our doctors appointment, just to be sure everything was going as planned. I did tell my parents....and some random guy at the pool in Destin but didn't tell the whole family until after we heard that sweet little heart beating. The little heart who has stolen my heart!
Destin, Fl, 7 weeks
Its very hard to go back and remember every little detail of the pregnancy....which is part of the reason I am starting this thing...but I'm going to try my best to remember the main things. I really can't complain about anything major about being pregnant . It had its ups and downs for sure. I definetly am not one of those people who "liked being pregnant", but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!


The best thing about being pregnant was feeling that little boy move around (all the time!!) He had the hiccups the last few months at least 3 or 4 times daily (and STILL gets them that much!). I loved how people always smiled at me just because I was pregnant. I loved coming home from work, taking a warm bath, and just watching him wiggle around. His little foot was always poking me in my side and I loved it! I loved how sweet Leon was to me. He did ANYTHING I wanted...and yes, I took full advantage. He was right there with me the whole entire time...he even was able to come to all of my doctors appointments. I can't imagine what I would have done without him!


What was the worst thing? Hmmm, I think for me the worst thing was going to the bathroom ALL the time....the last few months at least. So I would say that isn't too much to complain about. It could have been a whole lot worse. I did have 7-8 weeks of nausea that was NOT limited to the mornings. I never understood the term "morning sickness". For me, it was just "sickness". Even though at the time it seemed like an eternity, looking back...it really didn't last all that long. I had a touch of everything pregnant people complain about, but nothing severe. I had the backaches, heartburn, sleepless nights, etc. but nothing that was not worth getting to meet my little man!

Everyone always asked about cravings, and I don't think I had very many of those. I did LOVE red hots, Sour Skittles (although I love those when I am not pregnant so I am not sure if that counts), Chikfila chicken biscuits, orange juice, carrots, Heavenly Ham, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Chester Cheetos hot fries. I didn't love Mexican which is weird because I eat that at least once or twice a week usually...but I may have eaten it 5 or 6 times when I was pregnant.





I just decided that I would post a few...VERY FEW prego pics. I really didn't have that many because I hated having my picture taken...still do, in fact. Anyway, here they are....

Shower, 32 weeks
37 (ish) weeks
40 weeks...the day my life changed :)


That is most certainly not everything, but it's a start. Just thinking about those 40 weeks of my life makes me tear up. It was such a miracle and I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment