Monday, July 19, 2010

Mother's Day


Being a mother (for only 3 weeks at this point) has been the best experience in my life so far. I love it! It was what I feel like I was meant to do. Don't get me wrong,  I love being a pharmacist and feeling like I am helping people in "behind the scenes" kinda ways...but it is nothing like taking care of this sweet little man. I love getting to know this little guy more and more every day. I love watching him learn and watching him grow. He is my life and I love him soo much! Leon was so sweet to me on Mother's Day! He gave me a necklace, a card from him that made me cry, a card from Bishop that made me cry, a bottle of wine, and a DVD. It was a wonderful first Mother's Day!

Mother's Day was not just about me, of course. It is this year especially that I have learned to appreciate my own mother a whole lot more. There is nothing like the love of your own child and so I now can truely know the love she must have for me. She has been there for me through everything and I love her so much!

Mother's day is not all tears of joy. It is also days like this that we miss those moms and grandmothers who were never even able to meet our angel. I know that Leon's mother would be so proud him. She would love to see what a great father he is. I know she is smiling down from Heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment