Thursday, January 6, 2011

Big news....

I'm going to be an "aunt"!!!

My best friend/cousin Mandy and her husband Nate are having a baby!! Yes, the same Mandy that 5 months ago said "I don't know if I ever want to have kids or not. I might want to adopt." I can't tell you how excited this makes me. The pure joy of having a baby can not be described to anyone who has not been through it, so I am thrilled that she is getting to have this experience. She is going to be the best mom ever! She'll put all of my somewhat craftiness to shame with her Martha Stewart self! And, our babies will only be 15 months apart!

She and Nate have to celebrate their birthdays at grandmothers on Christmas since Mandy's is the 24th and Nate's is Jan 2. They always open birthday presents, then we eat, then we do Christmas. That is how it is always done. Always. Well, Uncle Steve kept saying  "Mandy and Nate have to open their birthday presents BEFORE we eat" over and over and was all excited about it. I kept thinking "Geez, isn't that the way we do it...why is he so excited about birthday presents?!?!" This is the last present they opened that was to them both and conviently didn't say who it was from......(not the browning box...the big one with the red bow)

And it was a baby outfit and cowboy hat! I first thought "Is that for Bishop?Maybe it has the wrong name...no way that is for her!" But it was!!! My mouth stayed open for a solid 2 minutes I think. I didn't even get a picture after because there was so much excitement. NOW I see why Uncle Steve was so excited...I would have been too!

Can you tell they are going to be PROUD grandparents or what?

I seriously can't wait for July to meet baby Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment