Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cooking with Momma

I love to cook. I don't always have as much time to cook as much as I'd like, but I love to do it. I always have loved to help in the kitchen for as long as I can remember and I have always wanted my children to have memories of being in the kitchen with me when they grow up. Now, I know Bishop is only a few months shy of 2 and probably won't remember this, but I will.  And besides, you never know what memory will stick with them!

Me helping my Grandma Frances make biscuits in her restaurant back in 1985

On Sunday mornings, I usually try to plan our breakfast so that Bishop is able to help out. He loves it. I like to think he is learning things too with the measuring, mixing, etc.  He loves to pour everything in the bowl, stir, and line the muffin tins. And, with this recipe, he loved putting the topping on top of the muffins. The muffin closest to him was by far the best...it had LOTS of topping!  Blueberry muffins have been one of the easier things to have him help with. The only problem was waiting on them to get done! Oh, and this was a really good recipe! I've tried several (as I have a freezer full of blueberries from picking blueberries last summer) and I think this one ranks up at the top. It was supposed to be a "healthy" version but I didn't have wheat flour so I used white and all I had was whole milk...wouldn't want it to be TOO healthy now, it IS a muffin after all!





And, maybe next time I might put on a little makeup or at least shower before a photo session. I apologize. 


Delicious! And, fun memories made in the kitchen with my boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment