Thursday, February 9, 2012

Play Dough

I'm so ready for spring so we can go outside and play all of the time! Until then, we have been staying busy indoors with Pinterest projects, watching movies, and taking really long baths (a.k.a. swimming).

I don't even remember where I saw homemade play dough (Pinterest I assume), but I thought considering the fact that my child usually tries to EAT everything..it would be a good idea for us. That way I'd know exactly what goes in it. Plus, we had most everything on hand. AND he could help make it (even more entertainment on a cold, yucky day). I found this koolaide play dough recipe had flour, salt, koolaide, cream of tartar, boiling water, and oil. Bishop was able to help with all of it except the boiling water part. Basically, you just mix it all up, knead it a few times, and play until your heart is content! Easy, peasy...and it feels just like the real deal! I was impressed. Oh, and it smells really good! 

We made red for Valentines day since we had a heart cookie cutter but all of the colors were so pretty that I wanted to make them all! One was good enough for us, but I think making a few colors would be great for older kids. I think it might even make a cute gift or party favor. 

And, yes, he did taste it....of course. In case you were wondering. 



He played for a long time by himself and then I joined in the fun until daddy got home from work. We both had fun making stuff. I think this could be a stress reliever for adults!  We made dinosaurs, a car, hearts, stars, a face, Frosty the Snowman (still obsessed), and maybe his favorite...a snake!


Goodness, I'm going to hate going leaving this face going to work tomorrow!

I'm so thankful for sharing sweet moments with this child!




No comments:

Post a Comment