Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day

So, I kinda think Valentine's Day is silly. But then again, I kinda am silly so I go along with it. Pink and red are fun!  I'm not a fan of spending a ton of money on the "holiday", but it is nice to make a point to show the ones you love that you care by doing something a little special for them.

Bishop and I made heart pancakes Sunday morning and then we made heart cookies later on for the kids at his daycare. He has gotten so used to helping me cook lately that every time I cook anything he begs to stand in the chair and help me. (I usually don't mind!)

Heart Pancakes




I know I said last time I did cookies that I liked the recipe (and I DID) but I did a little research this time for royale icing so I ended up trying a new cookie recipe too. I loved them both. I had never made the icing like that and it wasn't hard at all. It does take a little more patience than I tend to have though!  I definitely am going to invest in a new cookie sheet and I know that I didn't "work" the dough enough at first but it's all a learning process! I'm sure the kids won't notice my imperfections. 


All packaged up, and ready to go! Thanks, MG Paperworks for such a cute spur of the moment paper design! I know Bishop's friends just loved them :)


 Then for our Valentine's dinner,  I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs, chocolate chip cookies, and coconut macaroons (Leon's fave)  and we watched Lady and the Tramp. Yes, I am THAT silly. Lady and the Tramp and spaghetti and meatballs....for Valentine's Day. And, I don't remember that movie being so cute...and so funny. We all loved it! And of course, I cried. And I have had that Siamese cat song stuck in my head.

Spaghetti and Meatball recipe from who else but Pioneer Woman. Love her recipes!







No comments:

Post a Comment