Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 Week Checkup and SHOTS


13 lbs 9 oz (80%)
25 3/4 inches (95%)

I have a growing boy! Well, this doctor visit was not quite as great as the last! I was not expecting it to be quite so bad, so I am already starting to dread our next visit. This was his first round of shots. Let's just say...THEY WERE NOT FUN! They were not fun at all...for either of us! He never cries and so I think that is what made it so much worse. It did not help that he was starving before they came in to give them to him. At the last doctors visit, we got there, waited an hour or so, went back to the room, waited another hour or so, and then saw the doctor. I was assuming that we would have plenty of time to eat during one of our waiting times. WRONG. We were in and out of there in less than 45 minutes. I had started feeding him when the nurse came in to give him the shots. First, they gave the oral one which apparently is not supposed to taste bad...but he was expecting milk so that really upset him. At this point he is pretty mad....you just don't take food away from my child! So I lay him down and he looked up at me with these big green (ish) eyes as if to say "help me, mommy" and it just broke my heart. Keep in mind, this was BEFORE the shots were ever given. Then came the worst part...three sticks in his little legs that caused some serious trama for Bishop and for momma. I have never wanted to pick him up and hold him so bad in my life...and this was just shots!! I can't even begin to imagine the day he actually gets hurt! Aside from that, it was a great visit. He is eating well, sleeping well, and growing well. He is a perfect little man!


After the appointment (and some food), he looked like this the rest of the day! Bless his little heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment