Sunday, August 22, 2010

Four Months

I think I'll more than likely start every month with a tear (or a few tears!). I'm sad my little man is growing up on me so fast, but it is such a joy to see him growing and changing every day. He is still 100% the best baby I have ever seen or heard of (I could be a bit partial!). It truely is impossible to describe how much I love this little guy. Here is a little of what's going on in 4-month old Bishop's world....
  • ALMOST sitting up...I don't think it will be too long. He can sit for a second, then does a face plant into his toys. He can really sit in the bathtub and when he is playing with his Vtech car.
  • Rolls over from his tummy to his back pretty well.
  • ALMOST rolling from tummy to back. I know he can...he is just choosing not to. He gets pretty mad that he can't do it...boy has big shoulders that get in the way.
  • TALKS non stop. He is most certainly MY child! We are in trouble...there is never a quite moment with him unless he is sleeping. He makes the funniest facial expressions when he talks. He even gets mad at his toys and fusses at them...not in a crying way, just tells them what he thinks. He loves the sound of his voice...and so do I!
  • LAUGHS...Love this one! He laughs at mommy and daddy all of the time! I always sing to him at night while I'm feeding him (the only time I am able to rock him!). The other night while I was singing...he looked up at me and smiled (which is not unusual) so I kept on singing. He started lauging at me...he got so tickled that he couldn't stop laughing. This of course, made my heart melt. I love this kid.
  • LOVES his toys. He still likes his gym, although we have so many other toys that we don't really use it as much. Still kinda likes the swing but not nearly as much (he has to sit still too much).  He loves to lay in the floor and kick this toy that Page and Max gave him. He also likes to drive this Vtech car. He loves [to chew on] stuffed animals and rattles. He plays a good bit in the exersaucer now...see next bullet. Leon calls him "Bam Bam" because he is a bit rough on his toys....definetly a boy!
  • Has a MAJOR obsession with these shapes on a string on his excersaucer...he hardly pays any of the other toys much interest. Even if you move him to another toy, he will eventually find his way back. He has a love/hate relationship with the shapes. I don't know what the deal is really. He fusses at them all of the time. I'll be in another room and hear him in there fussing away. Every time I check on him, he is into it with the shapes again. I think maybe its because he wants them off of the string, but no matter how much he tries...he can't get them. I'll try and post a video if I can figure it out. It makes me laugh.
  • Completely swaddle free (Yay!!) and sleeping GREAT (as long as we somewhat stick to a schedule) at night...bed around 8:30 and up at 7:00 ish. He would probably be ready to go to bed earlier,  but I tried to work his schedule so that I can still feed him and put him to bed on the days I work. He's always been a great sleeper, thank goodness for that! I also want to video him going to sleep. It is so funny. He shakes his head back and forth really fast like he's saying no. He also is usually scratching his bed or his ear as he shakes his head. It is so precious. He doesn't need me to rock him at all...which is good for the most part but sometimes makes me sad!
  • Eating every 4 hours much more like normal people. He eats in the morning, then around 11:30-ish, then 3:30, then supper. We have just started cereal three days ago. He liked it a little better mixed with applejuice. Still not 100% sure about it...but he eats it anyway. I'm ready to start real food...I have some butternut squash in the freezer (that I made) waiting on him.
  • Naps much better! He is napping around two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. He also has a catnap sometime between 3:30 and supper.
  • Still spits up a ridiculous amount of what he eats...nothing in my house is spit up free anymore. That's ok, I'll still keep him!
  • Did I mention he is a talker? Jabbers all of the time!
LOVE THIS BOY!!!

In these pictures, he was actually 4 months and 1 week....and he was already sitting up by himself  (with a spotter nearby...still a bit wobbly!) Yes, I know, his outfit is a tad girly. Leon hates it, but I think he looks adorable!!


1 comment:

  1. Very cute! He & Emerson are on pretty much the exact same schedule! :)

    ReplyDelete