Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A fun-filled family weekend....

Well, it was finally here...the weekend that we had NO plans at all! We had looked forward to this for so long! What were we going to do? Sleep late, cook breakfast, watch cartoons, go to church, and just be lazy. WRONG-O!

I had forgotten that this was the "July Birthdays" party on Saturday. No big deal, just a family get together mid-afternoon to grill and hang out. We have so many birthdays that we group some of them together. This one was for Jacob, Gerald, and Uncle Steve. So anyway, this was not really going to put a dent in our lazy weekend of no plans.

Then on Thursday, Leon's dad called and said he was coming for a visit. He had not been to visit since B man was 8 weeks old. He could not come the next weekend because we had a wedding to go to, so he decided he could just come to the party with us.

Then Friday I headed to Southhaven to help Jennifer pack and visit with her. I saw how much she had to do when I left so I volunteered to help keep the kids while she got the last of the packing done. Oh, and while I was in Southhaven on Friday, my dad called to remind me that we had a family reunion Saturday morning. Since no one on that side of the family had gotten to see Bishop...they really wanted us to come.

So Saturday, I rushed to get the kids, ran in to renunion for Bishop to meet the fam and snap a few pictures, and all of us (3 adults and 3 kids in carseats) packed in the car and headed to the birthday party. We had so much fun! I was a little worried that Page and Max would be shy and not have a good time...but they warmed up quickly and had a ball! Jonah and Max were two of a kind...they played together ALL day! We ate some good food, opened gifts, made homeade icecream, played outside, rode the gator, rode in the back of the truck (looking much like the Beverly Hillbillies), looked at the new (and old) horses, and picked us a watermelon or three.

It turned out I was SO busy that I hardly took any pictures! Our relaxing weekend had turned into an all-out family event and I would not have traded it for the world. I hope Papoo, Page, and Max can come visit us again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment