Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Annual Pickwick Weekend

For about the past eight or so years, my family has rented a cabin for a long weekend trip to Pickwick. It is getting harder and harder to find 3 days in a row that works with so many different schedules. We had so much going on last year that we did not end up going. So, after having a year long break from our tradition, I was very excited that we had found a weekend to go! We always have SO much fun, even though it generally rains at some point during our stay! We always find ways to keep occupied whether its cooking, eating, coloring, EATING, playing Scrabble or Balderdash, EATING, watching TV, or just hanging out or EATING!  I did get a little worried this year when the power went off for a few hours and no one could leave because a tree had fallen and blocked the road causing the power to go off. Luckily, it came back on soon. It would not have been quite as much fun with a 7 year old, a 3 year old, and a 10 week old with no air and no TV!  

I love my family and was so glad Bishop was able to go his first summer. He did GREAT the entire time. He is so content wherever he goes! He loved it so much that he laughed out loud for the first time while he was taking a bath. I just love that sweet little laugh...it melts my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment