Monday, August 30, 2010

SQUASH

I'm not usually much of a Suzie Homemaker, but sometimes I try. I decided that since I am home most of the time (and on a budget!!!), I would try my hand at making Bishop's babyfood. I'm not saying that I'm going to make EVERYTHING he eats, but some things for sure. It actually was pretty easy...and FUN. It doesn't take much to amuse me! It is exciting watching him try new things. And, for the record...he LOVED squash.  I'm ready to try something else now! I think we may do bananas next since they are so easy...and they don't even require cooking! I bought the book Super Baby Food and also used the website http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ (suggested by J.J.'s good friend  Rachel ....thanks Rachel, it really is easy!). I actually have not read much of the book yet, but I have used the website a ton. I have made some nectarines and plan on some sweet potatoes, green beans, and pears soon.

Purchased at Farmer's Market for $1.....


Washed, cut in half, and removed seeds.....

Baked for 45 mins....

Pureed....

Froze in ice cube trays....

And, ENJOYED....

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! I just made Emerson some sweet potatoes & she LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete